Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Design Team Inspiration

One of my favorite designs styles is "vintage." I've been going through all my old photos and making some ancestor art for my studio walls... I started with this picture of my mom. The papers are a mix of Authentique patterns. But I also used tons of fabric bits and some vintage German scrap pieces. Oh, and by the way, the base was an old record album page. The hole in the middle made the perfect frame for her picture to pop through.





The next layout is a picture of my great-grandmother as a child. I think she would have loved the rose covered fabric I chose to use. I cut out roses and used pop dots to add some dimension to the design. Are you seeing dots? I am... because I used some vintage ribbon from a friend and some My Mind's Eye paper. Love that stuff. And if that wasn't enough texture, I also added a piece of embossed paper from Jenni Bowlin.








And the last layout features a picture of one of my other great-grandmothers, Belle. The frame is from a victorian photo album, of course I added some extra distressing around the edges with some Tim Holtz ink. Authentique papers mixed with a piece of vintage wallpaper, some vintage trims and some flowers and bling finished out this tribute just perfectly... in my opinion. What do you think?

I hope these layouts inspired you to create something... vintage.

No comments: