Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Design Team Wednesday

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter week! Things have been crazy busy at my house recently, so I've been focusing on simple pages that (at least theoretically) come together quickly. My first page was inspired by a beautiful layout by Lisa Truesdell that I found on Pinterest. The strips are pieced together using a 6x6 Teresa Collins pad, and some of the strips are Tim Holtz tissue tapes. (The cute ribbon was a gift from a friend, who also stitched the little tag for me.) I lightly adhered a heart shape to my page and sprayed Mister Huey's Classic Calico mist over it all, then removed the heart and hand-stitched around the masked shape. The fleur-de-lis shapes were cut on my Silhouette.
I really wanted the photos to be the stars of this layout, so I kept it very simple, just adding a few pieces from October Afternoon's Farmhouse Flower Sack and a couple of brads. Naturally, the masked title was courtesy of my Silhouette and October Afternoon's Robot Blue Sprinklers. The cute little chevron sack was a gift from another friend...scrappy pals are the best.
My final page for today really pulled together a bunch of leftover bits and pieces from different manufacturers and lines, including Bo Bunny dotted cardstock, My Mind's Eye patterned paper, trim, and chipboard stickers, a Pink Paislee wooden alpha, and an October Afternoon label, Miscellany banner, and button.

1 comment:

Karen Hunter said...

Great layouts, Cyndi!