Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Design Team Wednesday: Summer Brights With Echo Park

Love to go into Scrapdoodles and see what catches my eye.  Love the play area so my little Miss can play and I can stroll through the aisles and actually look :).  This trip, I had some summer layouts in my mind to do, and the Echo Park "Happy Days" collection caught my eye.  The colors are bright and patterns are fun - cute polka dots and plaids, with vintage inspired bottle caps and other "fifties" images.  See the whole collection HERE.  Scrapdoodles carries all these awesome selections - just ask the gals where to find it when you stop in. 
I created these two layouts using papers and a few layered chipboard embellishments from this collection.  For my first layout, I started with plain white cardstock.  I cropped four horizontal photos and matted them with a black cardstock strip, then a longer and wider strip of patterned paper.  I added the three strips on the right and a few embellishments from the collection.  I cut my title with my Cricut.  I still thought it needed a little more so I punched out several circles and popped them up with a foam dot.  I love the white on white dimension paired with the bright colors.  It's a really easy technique and livens up plain cardstock.


Last summer, my daughter really started choosing what to wear for herself and it was (and still is) an adventure in creativity.  Here she is with a tutu and camoflage cap that says "lil' Hunter".   The fun style of the papers reflect her fun little one-of-a-kind fasion style.  Again, all the papers and embellishments are from Echo Park.  Check them out for yourself at the store and make you own one-of-a-kind layouts and projects!

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

LOVE that first layout, Karen. The tone-on-tone white circles add so much in such a simple way...definitely going to use that trick!