Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Design Team Wednesday

 Hello and happy Wednesday!
This is Becky checking in with this week's Design Team Wednesday Projects :)
When I picked up my product from the store this week for my projects, I immediately grabbed for some of the October Afternoon 9 to 5 collection. I love all of those papers with the cute office themes and the adorable typewriter diecuts. When i got home and spread all of my goodies out on my desk I ran into a slight problem...I don't work outside the home; what on earth am I going to scrapbook with a secretary themed line? It took some brainstorming to figure out how I was going to use this fun line (that's why this blog post is going up so late today; I literally finished the last bits of my layouts 5 minutes ago.) but I think what I came up with works really well for me and is a good example of how to use products when the "themes" don't really go with your pictures (or life in general for that matter!)

On this layout i used the yummy woodgrain pattern for my background with some Mister Huey's Calico White Mist splatter (i was a little splatter happy today, all three of my layouts have some!) I cut the argyle pattern right out of the patterned paper and stitched over the dotted lines with my sewing machine. I made the title in my Silhouette Studio and cut it out with my Cameo.


This layout took the longest with that long hand stitched title, but i got to sit outside on my patio while i stitched so the time was definitely not wasted :)
I started with a kraft background and splattered some Mister Huey's Mist in Calico White and Custard. I stitched my title. All of little flags on the picture and the little title strip are from the 8x8 paper pad. love all of the sized down patterns.

I got to use my Silhouette Cameo again for this layout. I cut the hexagon background out of that same woodgrain and cut it apart into a few strips. I cut out extra hexagons to go in the inside out of some of the patterns from the 8x8 paper pad and popped some of them up on dimensional adhesive. I layered some patterned paper and some of the bits and pieces from the 9 to 5 Miscellany pack around my picture. To finish up i added some computer generated journaling to my tag  :)

So that's it for my projects this week, hope you enjoyed them!
I highly encourage you to pick up some of this fun line, there's so much you can do with these pretty patterns (even if you're like me and don't have anything office-y to scrap!)
Have a good one!

No comments: