We are thrilled to announce that Donna Downey is coming back to Scrapdoodles the weekend of August 31st, September 1 and 2nd! We hope the hurricaine will not be joining us this year :) Donna will teaching all new workshops for us!
Donna's weekend with us includes her amazing classes, an opportunity to buy exclusive product and an inspiring weekend with one of the industries most talented artists!
To register, payment must be made in full.*
Registration is OPEN!
540.548.3788Here is her itinerary:
Friday, August 31st
~ 6:30pm-9:30pm Vintage Chic NEW!
Saturday, September 1st
~ 9:30am-12pm The Big 4-0 (part 1) NEW!
~ 12pm-1:30pm Lunch
~ 1:30pm-4pm The Big 4-0 (part 2)
~ 6:30pm-8:30pm Speckled Nest NEW!
Sunday, September 2nd
~ 9:30am-12pm Inspiration Journal (part 1) NEW!
~ 12pm-1:30pm Lunch
~ 1:30pm-4pm Inspiration Journal (part 2)
Please see below for class descriptions with project pictures, pricing and including a detailed list of student supplies needed.
*Due to the limited amount of class space and high demand there will be no refunds after July 30, 2012.
this album is the perfect blend of shabby & chic. each cardboard page has been delicately edged in distressed inka-inka gold and dressed in a frayed swatch of soft muslin. the album is layered in burlaps, canvas, silk flowers, frames, a timepiece and my favorite part...a pair of soft feathery angels wings. the soft tone on tone color palette gives this book a truly romantic feel.
Vintage Chic NEW!6x9 cardboard mini album: workshop duration 3 hours
* 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
* Vintage photo distress ink pad
* Foam blending tool
* 3-7 photos (optional and I printed my photos onto computer paper so I could crinkle some of them!)
* Paper towels
* Sandpaper (optional if you want to rough up the edges of your photos)
Friday, August 31
Class Fee $75
The BIG 4-0 New!
Building Mixed-Media Background
Over 40 tips, tricks, and techniquesWARNING: THIS WORKSHOP MAY LEAD TO INSOMNIA CAUSED BY IDEA OVERLOAD :)
5 Hour class (breaking for lunch)
Since I am now 40, I thought what better way to celebrate this new decade than by sharing my favorite top 40 tips, tricks and techniques for building better art journals and mixed-media backgrounds. Like all great things building a strong foundation or base for your ideas is important, mixed-media and art journaling are no different. This workshop is going to put all these ideas at your fingertips as you create your own personal reference book for mixed media backgrounds and techniques and fill the pages of your NEW art journal. Each student will receive and work in one of my newly released art journals. the journals heavyweight pages are perfect for layering, paints, inks, collages, PanPastels, paper, etc and I plan to do all that and more in this workshop!
We will build over 40 techniques and pages worth of ideas using several different wet and dry mediums filling one incredible idea book that will surely get your mind spinning with ideas!
* Clear UTEE
* 5-7 of your favorite colors of acrylic paint
* White gesso
* Craft mat
* Masking tape
* Patterned paper scraps
* Versamark stamp pad (if you have one)
* Spray workable fixitif/spray fixative
* 3 toilet paper tubes
* India Ink - (black recommended but any color will work)
* 1" flat paintbrush
* Small detail paintbrush
* 1 foam brush
* Rag or towel for messes
* Water container for brush
* HEAT GUN *very important*
* Small spray bottle or mister for water
* Baby wipes
* Any stencils (if you have any. I will have several to share)
Break for lunch then finish from 1:30pm-4pm
Class Fee: $70
In this fun, whimsical, collage/mixed-media workshop you will create an 8 x 10" piece of original art. in the 2 hours we will explore techniques in building layered backgrounds, learn about color and color placement, acrylic paint texture, linear building of shape and design, shading, 3-D paper sculpting and feature focus elements. keep it simple or let your imagination take you away...this workshop is designed to be both a great starting point for the beginner and a creative springboard for the experienced artist.
Speckled Nest NEW! collaged canvas (8x10 canvas) 2 hours
* Turquoise acrylic paint (Golden fluid acrylic: cobalt teal suggested)
* Brown acrylic paint (Golden fluid acrylic: burnt umber suggested)
* Cream acrylic paint (Golden fluid acrylic: titan buff suggested)
* Paint brush (1" and small round brush suggested)
* Bubble wrap (optional)
* Rusty hinge and/or vintage photo distress ink pad
* Foam blending tool
* Portfolio water soluable oil pastels (optional)
* Spray water bottle
* Heat gun
* Tissue paper or sewing pattern tissue and gel medium (optional)
* 450 quick dry adhesive or quick dry adhesive
Class Fee $50
if you have taken your first steps into art journaling (inspiration journal: Creating a visual diary) and/or are looking to take your pages to the next level, this is the workshop for you. learn more about building layers using mediums, stencils, india inks, acrylic paints, watercolors, papers, tapes and more...
Inspiration Journal: Layered Composition New! mixed media/art journaling 5 hours (breaking for lunch)
art is about pushing the boundaries and making a statement. this workshop is designed to empower you to listen to your creative instincts and teach you how to layer color, texture and your artistic personality into your journal pages.
you will also learn a tips and techniques about freehand drawing, adding details as well as composition and balance
*assorted acrylic paint colors
*assorted paint brushes
*(recommend to have a 1" flat brush)
* white gesso
* gel medium
* quick dry adhesive
* black permanent ink pad (stazon or archival)
* masking tape and/or decorative tapes
* oil pastels (if you have them)
* old magazines to cut up and use for collage
* fabric and paper scraps
* charcoal pencil (if you have one)
* a book that can be torn up and used for book text
* baby wipes,
* old towel or rag
* heat gun
* water cup
* spray bottle
* apron we will get messy
Sunday, 9:30am-12pm (break for lunch)
Class Fee $80
*********Looking forward to seeing you!