Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Design Team Wednesday - "Head Over Heels" with Echo Park

I know it's still January, but I'm ready to move out of winter and on to something warmer!  "Head Over Heels" by Echo Park hits the spot for me.  This traditional color palette with a spattering of turquoise will heat up any of your "love-ly" layouts and projects.  I have two layouts to share with you today.


This first layout highlights a sweet photo of my favorite girl.  The blue papers complement her blue eyes perfectly and I love the way the arrows point towards her and the direction she's looking.  The small strips, "I just love you." were cut from a 12x12 sheet and I used pop dots to give dimension to the page.  The cluster of sentiments are from both the coordinating stickers to this collection and the sheet of 3x4 journaling/accent cards.  I also made a few heart strings to hang for decoration - just machine sewed some of those little strips and a 3-layered heart made from patterned papers. They were quick and will add a cute accent for Valentine's day decor.


My second layout also utilizes a great print - mini bicycles built for 2! So cute! I emphasized the number "2" for this layout in the papers, stickers, and mix of 3x4 cards.  I used a couple more of the little "I just love you." strips and a few stitch stickers from SRM.  Overall, I love this layout even though the photo of my husband and me is fuzzy and a bit out of focus - it's definitely a tribute to the two of us.


You can see Echo Park's entire collection, "Head Over Heels" on their site, but you really should go see it in person along with the other great Valentine's Day papers available in Scrapdoodles now.  Thanks for checking in!

No comments: